Forums / Categories / JD Edwards / Technology / IoT implemenation using Orchestration

IoT implemenation using Orchestration

Hi All,

I have successfully tested Orchestration using the Orchestration client, and created couple of custom business specific Orchestration.

Me looking to access the Orchestration from outside, not sure how to perform the connection.

I have already reviewed the docs which refer testing without Orchestration client, but I doesn't discuss the connection outside JDE.

Please advise.

Regards,

Nikhil Shah

@nikhil shah
    Hi Nikhil,
    Sorry for the delay...I just saw your post. Did you ever get an answer to your question?

In brief, an orchestration is invoked "from the outside" by sending a REST call (specifically, an HTTP Post) to the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne AIS server. The full endpoint address is in the form:

http://<server>:<port>/jderest/
    /v2/orchestrator/{orchestration}

You need to pass user credentials (user name, password, environment, role) using one of the documented methods either in the header or the body. Additionally, the inputs to the orchestration are passed in the body as JSON key/value pairs. You can see the format of the JSON that you'll need to include in the body when you use the Orchestrator client to test the orchestration---it's shown in the Input box on the client.

There are many "devices" from which you can send the REST call to AIS: Internet of Things devices or gateways, mobile applications, custom applications, third-party systems, etc.. Regardless of which you are using, it's up to the sending device to formulate the security credentials and input parameters, put them in the required JSON format, and send the HTTP Post to the AIS server.

Does that help? If you need further help, please open a Service Request to the Oracle Technical Support team.

AJ

@A.J. Schifano , hi AJ. I have created a REST connector service request for a GET method, but the response I get is in xml. Has anybody been able to use groovy to convert an xml response to json to use the response as outputs for further service requests? I'm on 9.2.2.2 , Orch Studio 6.0.3.

Or is there anybody I can talk to??

I appreaciate your help.

Thanks.

@Hugo Pascal Is Orchestrator replacing Business Services as the Integration tool/technology for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne echosystem ? If so where can one go to get training on this new technology ?

@Gopal Acharya , Hi Gopal. I can't tell you it's going to replace it immediately, but it certainly is a very good tool for integrations, connecting to other databases and REST apis. You can check http://www.learnjde.com for documentation on orchestrator studio. Take a look at the docs, and if you have questions, let us know.

Regards.

--
    Hugo Pascal

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.