- 5 Posts
- 478 Views
Brutally slow performance in sales order management (P4210) after upgrading to 9.2
We are experiencing 5-25 MINUTE delays when saving a sales orders after adding lines items It appears as though it may be related to duplicate SQL insert to F4211 and F42199
Of course, we significantly modified P4210, and the problem does not occur in the Pristine environment.
Any feedback is appreciated. I have a team working on it, but I'm reaching out to the wisdom of this crowd.
Thanks in advance.
Ed and Aaron, thanks for the replies. We ended up walking through the code in debug, and found an instruction to wait for several seconds before continuing. It was in place since 2004, on XE and 9.0. and worked fine for 14 years until we went live on 9.2 this week.
Apparently under certain circumstances, which did not occur in our testing, but occurred constantly after we went live, that line resulted in the multiple minutes wait. We commented out 1 line of code, and everything works again. Gotta love Go-Live week.
Keep in mind that when you are doing SQL inserts that commitment control is implied. Try using Cursors in the code. The modifications are the issue. I suspect the SQL.