ACA Hours of service Workbench

Hello,

In preparation for everyone's favorite task (ACA), I am curious what your organization uses for the Measurement, Administration, and Stability Periods?

Our first year (reporting year 2015), HR used different dates for each of these periods and they ended up having to do a lot of manual fixes.  They went off the recommendation of our Benefits Broker.  We had employees who weren't employed in 2015 included and then those who started at the end of 2015 that were excluded.  Based on the dates, it wasn't much of a surprise in hindsight.

We used:

Measurement 10/15/13-10/14/14

Administration 10/15/14-12/31/14

Stability 1/1/15-12/31/15

Last year (reporting year 2016), our JDE consultant recommended using 1/1/16-12/31/16 for all three and it yielded much better data.  Everyone on the file was who we expected.  Now, some didn't code correctly but those will hopefully be handled through the new ESUs and some Bugs that were opened on our behalf.

Anyone who uses the same fiscal year as us (Jan 1 - Dec 31), I'd love your input or if anyone can better explain what these periods signify, I'd love any info you have to share!  Maybe it'll all make sense this year?  🙂

Thanks!

Cari Phillips

ERP Business Analyst II

El Paso County

Hi Cari,

Our FY is Oct-Sept but ACA is reported on calendar. I will send you a doc I did for last years collaborate. Please send me an email at [email protected] and I will gladly send it to you

Thanks, Sherri

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.