- 3 Posts
- 4 Views
How to Tax Employee working in Both NY & NJ
We are looking for direction on how to set up PeopleSoft 9.2 North America Payroll and the HR System for an Associate that works 75% in a NJ Work Location and the remaining 25% in a NY Work Location in each pay week. We are looking for the system to tax the Associate in both States for Withholding as well as any Unemployment and Disability Taxes based on the % in their set up. The Associate's Job Record will have the primary NJ Work/Tax Location so we are looking for direction on how to set up the other State Work/Tax Location (NY) in the same pay period without having to keep processing Transfers in Job Data for the same w/e date. Any direction would be appreciated.
@Nicole Apostola Thanks so much! I forwarded your response to our Director of Payroll. :)
@Daniel Lynch If this individual is exception hourly or hourly, you should set up their Tax Distribution as 75% NJ / 25% NY. (If they are hourly, you'll need this to be part of their Time & Labor or however you set up their pay to load...)
On their State Tax Data, there should be both a NY and a NJ row. NJ should be the UI Jurisdiction state.
There was recently a MOSC conversation where I linked to a few other conversations/resources about this: