Forums / Categories / PeopleSoft / Supply Chain / Warehouse & Par Optimizations

Warehouse & Par Optimizations

We are looking for bolt-on applications which work with PeopleSoft and accomplishes Warehouse and Par Optimizations. Is anyone using any such tools? If so, what is the name of the company/application, and would you recommend?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Annan Bhim

@Annan-Bhim

I'm currently working on an initiative with Regional Medical Center on methods to optimize Par inventory. In particular, we are trying to optimize the MIN quantities based on usage during lead time and safety stock requirements based on usage variability and desired in-stock probability. We've also discussed incorporated a Demand Planning application to increase accuracy with trending and seasonality.

At this point, this is just a work-in-process. But, if the Proof of Concept works, then this could easily be turned into a bolt-on. If you are interested, I'm happy to share what's been done so far.

In terms of commercially available bolt-ons. I know that some have had success with Par Excellence Systems. I cannot provide any personal recommendation as I have not actually used it myself. http://www.parexcellencesystems.com/

@Annan-Bhim , At Sierra-Cedar's Supply Chain Engineering Services we have developed a bolt-on tool that optimizes perpetual inventory. This tool minimizes your on-hand inventory investment while ensuring you maintain a user-defined service level for each item class. It also calculates the individual safety stock for each item based upon variability in both supplier lead time and demand fluctuation. A variation of this tool is used to optimize PAR bin sizing.

I'd be happy to talk to you about this.
    carl.ralph@sierra-cedar.com

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.