Forums / Categories / JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Human Capital Management SIG / Benefit Eligibility Dates When Employee Changes Unions, Becomes Full-Time, etc.

Benefit Eligibility Dates When Employee Changes Unions, Becomes Full-Time, etc.

When an employee moves from one union to another, or moves from part-time to full-time, or moves from hourly to salaried, they may become eligible for different benefits that have a waiting period that starts when that change is made.

Enrollment With Eligibility calculates the eligibility date based on Date Started. We don't want these types of changes to change their Date Started, so Enrollment With Eligibility is going to say that they are immediately eligible for the new benefits.

How do you handle this situation? Do you use Enrollment Overrides to manually specify the eligibility date?

Thanks,
    Travis

@evelyn-bian Thanks Evelyn. I remember that we spoke at INFOCUS one year about how to handle benefit enrollment dates vs. DBA start dates, and you said that you use Enrollment Overrides and sent me some documentation on how you assign the dates. We are still using Enrollment With Eligibility for everything, but I dug out the documentation that you sent me, and we'll see if we can at least use Enrollment Overrides for the exceptions.

Thanks,
    Travis

@travis-wendland We use Enrollment Overrides to make all changes to benefits enrollments. We actually rarely use Enrollment with Eligibility although recently we were advised to do so because supposedly Enrollment Overrides can be buggy. But we've been doing it this way since 2008.

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.