Importing Benefit Enrollment Data

We use a 3rd party to manage benefit enrollments, and they provide us with reports that we use to enter these enrollments using the Enrollment With Eligibility program. We want to continue using this 3rd party but would like to automate the benefit enrollment process in E1.

Is anyone else already doing this? We can work with the 3rd party to get a file with the enrollment changes and design a custom program to process the file, possibly using Orchestrator, but I was wondering if there is already a standard way of doing this.

Thanks,
    Travis Wendland
    Project Manager
    Little Rapids Corporation

@Travis Wendland said in Importing Benefit Enrollment Data:

We use a 3rd party to manage benefit enrollments, and they provide us with reports that we use to enter these enrollments using the Enrollment With Eligibility program. We want to continue using this 3rd party but would like to automate the benefit enrollment process in E1.

Is anyone else already doing this? We can work with the 3rd party to get a file with the enrollment changes and design a custom program to process the file, possibly using Orchestrator, but I was wondering if there is already a standard way of doing this.oing this? We can work with the 3rd party to get a file with the enrollment changes and design a custom program to process the file, possibly using Orchestrator, but I was wondering if there is already a standard way of doing this.

Hi Travis,

We did this a few years ago and struggled with it quite a bit.

Eventually we setup the benefit plans and deductions in JD Edwards (as we were also running JDE Payroll). We then built a batch processor, allowing us to receive a benefit election/change file feed from our management platform. We would then process this file several times a well like any other standard old-school batch processor on the JDE scheduler.

The actual processor was written for us by our JDE partner Terillium. I'd be happy to provide you a copy of the code and you can do with it what you want. I would also be happy to put you in touch with Terillium who supported it for us for several years.

Ultimately we found the integration was quite difficult to maintain. Certain scenarios that were configured by our third party platform didn't exactly match JD Edwards (e.g. the actual deduction formulas) and other business processes supported by JDE (e.g. a social security number change) weren't supported by the third party platform.

In the end we got it working and stable for ~ 98% of our enrollment data, but always had to process a few edge cases by hand.

Learning how to monitor and processes those cases by hand was a crucial part of the process; if we missed them benefits weren't processed properly.

I hope that helps. Happy to offer any additional advice based on our experience.

Cullin

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.