Forums / Categories / JD Edwards / **What application or tool are you using to do your budgeting efforts**

**What application or tool are you using to do your budgeting efforts**

What application or tool are you using to do your budgeting efforts

I've been working for many years with JDE and one of the consistent comments I hear is that using JDE to do budgeting is cumbersome, ineffective, impossible.

What tools/Applications are your organizations using to do budgeting?

Do you interface data from those tools/applications into JDE budget module?

Does your tool/application have corresponding reporting aspects?

Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to share.

@toni-esteve Thanks Toni! I will take a look into that and see if there is anything that would work for us.

@ed-schipp Thanks Ed! Would love to hear more of what you are doing with both, and if you have any contact information to share, and pros/cons and what to watch out for....
    Much Appreciated!
    Doug

@douglas-brininstool We use Host Analytics, a cloud application for budgeting, and when completed we extract and feed a 3 month snapshot (U3) 6 month snapshot (U6) and 9 month snapshot (U9) and year budget forecast account (BA) total into JDE as ledger types for forecast comparison reporting. We are moving another product called OneStream as a Enterprise Performance Management solution with integrated budgeting capability. This will include financial reporting capability and will be fed by JDE for actuals.

@douglas-brininstool

Dear Douglas,

It is true that JDE does not have any specific budgeting tools but the closer into JDE I used is Summarized Forecasting in case you are using also MPS/MRP in your organization which is a kind of Logistic budgeting.

Thanks,
    Toni.

Looks like your connection to Quest Oracle Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.